What to see in Haría
Haría is a quiet village that invites you to stroll through its narrow streets and relax under the shade of laurel and eucalyptus trees. In the historic centre, where the heart is the church of Nuestra Señora de la Encarnación, the Plaza León y Castillo is well worth a visit.
As well as discovering the calm and charm of the streets in the centre of Haría, you can also visit these must-see places:
- Casa Museo de César Manrique: Built by César Manrique to become his main home, in 2013 it opened its doors converted into a museum which not only displays the designs created by the artist but is also one of the places where his soul is exhibited.
- Street market: On Saturday mornings, the square of Haría is filled with colourful stalls full of organic fruit and vegetables, as well as pieces created by master craftsmen. It's the ideal place to buy typical Lanzarote products.
- Cueva de los Verdes: Just 10 minutes from Haría we'll find the Cueva de los Verdes, a volcanic cave that represents one of Lanzarote's main tourist attractions.
- Jameos del Agua: Located a mile from Haría, next to the Cueva de los Verdes, the Jameos del Agua are one of the main masterpieces created by César Manrique, a majestic space that brings together art and nature.
- Mirador del Río: Overlooking a balcony on the north coast of Lanzarote, the Mirador del Río is a spectacular construction from which you can admire the island of La Graciosa in all its splendour. It's located less than 6 miles (10 kilometres) north of Haría.
How to get to Haría
The most common way to get to Haría is by car, as most tourists choose to hire a car to get around Lanzarote comfortably. Haría is located in the northern part of the island, so to get there from the airport you only need to drive north for about 30 minutes.
If you're not planning to rent a car in Lanzarote, it's possible to get to Haría by bus from some towns, although it's not the most comfortable option, as you'll have to adjust to the timetables and marked routes, so it's not the fastest option either.