Prices in Lanzarote are similar to the rest of the Canary Islands and other popular holiday destinations in Spain. We've compiled a list of the basic things visitors are likely to buy below so you can get an idea of costs.
Credit and debit cards are widely accepted, except in some smaller shops, bars and restaurants that you may find are cash only. Tipping in Lanzarote is not expected but most people will leave some small change if satisfied.
Food and drink
- Small beer: € 1.50 (US$ 1.50).
- Barraquito (typical coffee liqueur drink): € 1.50 (US$ 1.50).
- Menú del día (lunch deal): € 12 (US$ 12.20).
- Single bus ticket: from € 1.40 (US$ 1.40).
- Litre of petrol: € 1.03 (US$ 1).
- Taxi to Arrecife from Lanzarote Airport: from € 22 (US$ 22.40).
- Double room in a hotel on the coast: from € 50 (US$ 50.90) per night.